The Global South Initiative
Our Desired Impact
7,000 new global south missionaries serving among the least reached by 2025.
The church in the global south is growing faster than the church in the global north. According to Operation World, by 2020, 80% of the world's evangelical Christians will live in the global south.
This is the largest pool of unmobilised missionaries in the worldwide church and could dramatically increase Christian witness to the least reached. These believers have the advantages of cultural, linguistic and physical closeness to the least reached. Many of them are young, passionate about knowing Jesus and making Him known, and want the blessing of being a sending church rather than only a "receiving" church.
is to address what we see as the biggest issues in global south missionary sending:
- Innovating sustainable missionary sending models. These include small businesses-as-mission, vocational missionaries (farmers, teachers, skilled trades), and sending professionals.
- Providing financial planning and biblical generosity training to global south OM-ers and churches, to empower them to support missionaries and mission work.
- Helping global south OM-ers in support roles get further skills training (e.g., in finance, administration, personnel management) which would benefit them in their current roles and also bless them with skills that could be used when they serve God in other contexts.
- Exploring regional and global partnerships which give OM global south fields access to expertise in administration
- Helping OM fields develop relationships with global south Christian businesses and professionals to challenge them to pray, give, and go.
Be part of the work of GSI!
- Partner us in running businesses-as-mission in the global south
- Coach global south OM-ers who are running businesses-as-mission
- Contribute your resources to our work, whether financial resources, capacity, or expertise
If you are an OM-er, click here to see how GSI can work with you.