FD|24 is a 24 month programme in financial development designed to enable participants to build their local fundraising capacity and become more sustainable,
Participants are given in-depth training in the foundations of financial development and sustainability as well as monthly coaching opportunities. In addition, coaches visit participants in their own field twice throughout the programme.
33 Global South fields have participated in FD|24.
FD|24 has provided its training services to other organisations, which have similar financial development and sustainability challenges. Trans World Radio has recently partnered with OM to roll out FD|24 with their staff.
At A Glance
- 24 month programme
- Two five-day training courses
- Monthly coaching
- Two coaching visits to the field
- 33 Global South fields impacted
- The cycle of development: "invite-relate-ask-thank-steward-involve" is working well as participants understand how to involve the donor, both locally and internationally.
- Local fundraising is increasing which reduces the dependency on international support. In 2015, the largest amount of money for a Romanian project came from Romania.
- Participants understand how to raise their own support, without relying on others to do it for them, and see financial development as a ministry. Chile is organising a breakfast to raise funds for local ministries. Ghana and Zimbabwe are teaching what they have learnt to other churches and agencies.